Saturday 31 March 2012

Max Factor Xperience Foundation Review

Max Factor Xperience Foundation in Beige Linen 50 - £9.99

I've noticed that Max Factor's Xperience Foundation tends to be one of the main searches on my blog, despite it being one of the few products I've only mentioned in passing a while ago, so I thought it was about time I reviewed it.  It's probably also important to mention that I use this foundation a lot; I reach for it on a daily basis, either on its own or with my No7 Tinted Moisturiser.

The tube I have was actually my sister's, but being the porcelain beauty that she is, claimed this was too dark for her, whilst I find this shade (Beige Linen 50) is almost me-without-tan.  Max Factor claim this foundation is weightless on skin, which I would actually concur with, and don't think this is a lie.  The texture is very runny, which is why I like to mix it with my thicker tinted moisturiser for days I want it to be a little more sheer and tanned.  On its own it applies to the skin effortlessly and I really don't think I can feel it whilst it's on, which I really enjoy!  It also claims to be 'flawless coverage', but personally I think it's more a medium coverage.  You can clearly see the difference it makes to skin, but if you've got blemishes you'll still need concealer to really hide them. 

My experience with this foundation is pretty good, as foundations go.  It blends amazingly well (RT Buffing Brush used for this), skin is soft, semi-matte and looks well covered without looking caked in make-up.  With my oily/combination/acne prone skin I don't find I get more spots with this, and I actually don't find it reacts badly to oil really either, although I know some have said it didn't hold up well with their oily skin.  I find oil seeps through most foundations anyway; I use oil control moisturisers underneath, sometimes a touch of powder, and I find I just need to blot it after a few hours.  Some matte foundations I have go patchy and cling to the drier patches throughout the day, but this one is fine with my skin.  I have only tried it through the winter months, however, so I imagine when summer comes around this just won't be suitable.

It's also SPF 10, which isn't very high, and that also puts it in the 'winter foundation' category for me.  Overall though, I do really like it, and it'll probably work on a range of skin types - although if you're particularly oily you might struggle.  My main gripe is that the packaging doesn't feel very nice - especially in comparison to similar priced foundations in glass bottles with pump dispensers!  The shade range is also on the pale side, which is always a disappointment.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment