Saturday 17 March 2012

No7 Triple Their Tinted Moisturiser


It's no secret that I'm a fan of the 'no make-up' make-up.  I've never been a big fan of looking like I'm wearing maximum cover; for me, there's no disguising full coverage, it always looks somewhat caked on!  Plus, covering blemishes is quite a risky business, and I think it's a little endearing to have blemishes 'barely there' - because realistically, everybody has some imperfections.

For years I've been using the No7 Dual Protection Tinted Moisturiser; I usually use it during the summer when medium coverage foundations slide off my face and I need sun protection.  With an empty tube and a No7 £5 off voucher, I picked up the newly updated Triple Protection version.  It looks, smells and feels exactly like the old one, so I'm not exactly sure what's changed.  Even the write up on the back is almost identical!  I believe they've just upgraded the formula a little for better sun protection - but I could be wrong.

With three shades the colour range is not great - I use medium and I'm olive-y toned, so darker skinned girls would struggle, which is a shame.


Applied with the RT Buffing Brush this tinted moisturiser leaves a lovely finish; it's light coverage but it does even the skin tone and gently gives a bit of coverage to my blemishes.  I find it doesn't take long to sink into my skin either, leaving my skin feeling smooth afterwards.  What I find most interesting about this tinted moisturiser is that even after a day of wear, when I come to remove make-up at night, I'm cleaning off the colouring it gives.  So despite it being a tinted moisturiser, the coverage is actually quite long lasting!

Unfortunately, if my skin is looking particularly awful, I cannot rely just on the light coverage.  Often I'll use this as a base and blend the Max Factor Pan Stik over blemishes.  With this method I know that I'm still getting the sun protection and not having a full face of maximum coverage, since realistically it's only certain areas that need it.  Despite this, I love how easy this is to wear with combination skin; it doesn't slide off, and it can be used with powder if necessary.  Plus, it doesn't cause break outs - hurrah!  I'll continue using No7 Tinted Moisturiser until I find a better alternative - but I highly doubt I'll find one for £12!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment