Tuesday 13 December 2011

OPI Skull & Glossbones

I thought I'd show you some new nail polish that I've bought, and also do a quick review of it.  I wanted a higher end polish than what I normally buy (drug store!), and knew that I wanted something neutral so I could wear it without worrying that I was clashing!  I saw Vivianna's post on Skull & Glossbones a while ago and thought it was colour I could probably do with.. So I popped in Jarrold's in Norwich and headed for the OPI counter.  I spent so long pondering over colours that my boyfriend wandered off :(.  I was torn between Suzi Takes The Wheel and French Quarter For Your Thoughts, but although these are grey enough, I wanted something a bit creamier and paler.  Cue Skull & Glossbones!



I know OPI bottles are pretty large, but look how tiny my hand looks in comparison!!

I've used the colour with my trusty Rimmel 5 in 1 base & top coat, and I must say that after 2 coats of polish Skull & Glossbones in an absolute favourite!  Application is smooth and easy - at first it seemed streaky and I began to worry, but as it sat on my nail it smoothed itself out, leaving a gorgeous finish.  I've had this on since Saturday evening and only gained the tiniest bit of wear on my right thumb, which is incredible!

I highly, highly recommend this colour; I'm not sure if I'll ever take it off with the amount of love I have for it at the moment!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I got the mini set for Pirates and this is so pretty. Although pastel, it is still an autumn colour too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I think it's maybe the grey that gives it that wintery feel. How have you found the others in the Pirates set? I watched a swatch of them and wasn't sure how wearable they were for me.. xx

    ReplyDelete