Friday 9 December 2011

Baylis & Harding Skin Spa 'Spa Essentials'

So for today's post I'm going to talk about the Baylis & Harding gift set 'Spa Essentials', but it may not be quite what you think!  Basically, my Benefit Gabbi make-up bag was overflowing with those everyday 'essentials' that I just couldn't do without, so I've been on the look out for a new make-up bag that could easily hold everything, including my e.l.f. 32 colour palette...

Introducing the B&H 'Spa Essentials' gift set!





Now, the gift set contains a 'rose, ylang ylang & patchouli rich intensive body cream' 200ml and a 'rose, ylang ylang & patchouli steam shower body cleanser' 300ml.  I personally don't particularly rate the smell too highly to be honest, it's a little bit.. heavy smelling.  I prefer scents that are light and fruity, so for me the heavy scents of rose and 'oriental' is a bit too much to handle.  I've tried the body cream - it's SO thick, so a tiny bit goes such a long way.  It also feels like it'd be really intensive too, so great for those winter nights when you want to smell clean and musky, with flannel pjs!  The 'steam shower body cleanser' is actually a long, silly name for 'shower gel' as I thought.  Although, it's very much like jelly, which is strange!  I squeezed out a blob to use with my body scrubber and it tumbled out like edible jelly, which I did not expect at all.  It foams it reasonably well and is very highly scented which stays on the skin for quite a while.  Oh, and there's a mini body polisher included, which is always nice to have if you're going to stay away from home for a weekend and don't fancy taking a damp one in your cosmetics bag (this is a pet hate of mine, as I use these things religiously!)

But, as I said before, this gift set for me was much more exciting than what's inside... 'The Bag'!!




As you can see, it's got some really lovely little details; it's in a really, really beautiful bright poppy red (my camera seriously doesn't do it any justice) in a wipe-clean p-leather - it was practically make for make-up fingers!  And as you can see from the photo, I have a load of make-up in there and it's just over half filled the bag, so it's a really great size for storing the bits and pieces you can't have stored away and need on your dresser at arm's length.  It may be a tad too big for handbags, but if you carry around a huge sack on your shoulder it should be okay!  For me, it's more about keeping on my dresser or transporting my essentials to and from uni, and visiting my boyfriend :).

The best part is the whole set is only £8!  For a link to an almost identical set click here; I couldn't find the red one on the website - only the cream one, which I decided against as with foundation fingers it'd constantly need cleaning!  So the question is, are you going to buy a gift set in a handy bag for a Christmas present, or for yourself!?  Sometimes they're just too good not to say 'no' to!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment