Tuesday 20 December 2011

December Glossy Box

I know there are hundreds of Glossy Box posts, so this one's only going to be a brief one!  I got my very first beauty box in the form of the December Glossy Box, which I used a half price voucher for - I got enticed and wanted to try it out!


I received:
  • Bionova Eye Wrinkle Cream
  • Blink + Go Eyeshadow & Blush palette
  • Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss
  • Deborah Lippman Razzle Dazzle Nail Varnish with Stripped to Go Sachet
  • Rituals Foaming Shower Gel
My mum snapped up the Bionova eye cream quicker than I could even look at it!  It smells a bit odd (lemony/sour milk) but she loves it, and she's sure that only after a few uses it's made her eyes smoother.  I was seriously made up with the Blink + Go eyeshadow and blush set, the colours are super pigmented; the colours I received are gorgeous too.  So christmassy, yay!

The Deborah Lippman polish is a true beauty; I've got it on my ring finger with OPI Skull & Glossbones, mum's got it on every finger (loving life, obviously!).  It needs two coats and a shiny top coat or two, but really gorgeous.  I've not used the remover yet.

The lip gloss is okay, nothing to write home about for me.  It came off quite easily, but then I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses anyway!  Mine's a bronze-y colour, so may be better for summer.. I'll see.  The Rituals shower gel is a favourite for me.  I love the smell, despite what some have said about disliking it!  I love the fact it foams too, it makes it go further as well as giving it as edge on other shower gels.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this glossy box!  The actual box is so cute, and I'm sure will be great for stacking nail polishes!  I'm not sure I'll be a long-term subscriber, since being a student I can't ensure I'll have £12.75 a month to blow on luxury 'extras' to my beauty buys, so I'll see how it goes..

xx

2 comments:

  1. The eyeshadow palette has some nice colours. I got the mascara instead. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them! how have you found the mascara? is it good quality? xx

    ReplyDelete