Friday 6 April 2012

The Essential Make-Up Brushes

(L-R)
Real Techniques Buffing Brush (Core Collection)

Make-up brushes certainly require a lot of trial and error.  These are the brushes I reach for every single day, without fail.  On Monday I travelled back up to Manchester for the Easter break from uni, and it wasn't even a question to me which brushes I would be packing!

The most important ones are the RT Buffing Brush, e.l.f. Eyeliner Brush, e.l.f. Blusher Brush (although it needs replacing now!) and the RT Contour Brush.  The Real Techniques brushes are really fantastic; dense, firm enough to hold their shape, soft enough to glide over the skin, and the aluminium casing makes them light to handle too.  Plus, when washed they dry really quickly, which is an added bonus!

The e.l.f. brushes are great for the price - in particular the Eyeliner Brush is so firm that I use it to apply eyebrow wax (but fear it's way too firm for my eyelids), and it's the best brush that I've tried for the job.  The Blusher Brush is definitely on its last legs, but the angle of the bristles make both cream and powder blushes easy to apply, but I think I'm going to hunt for a denser brush next - although I certainly won't find a replacement for £1.50!

The QVS and e.l.f. Eyeshadow brushes I use a little bit less, but for setting powder or applying shadow, I find each brush is perfect for the job.  The QVS brush is huge, but I find that means powder is applied lightly and dusted on, rather than caked.  It very occasionally sheds, but it's not really been much of an issue, certainly not for the price anyway!  The e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush is the perfect shape for my eyelid, is soft and dense enough to pick up a good amount of product, making the job easier.  It's tapered too, so I find it easy for eyelid crease blending.

I'm a firm believer that good quality products don't have to come with a price tag that makes you feel a little bit sick!  Some high street (priced) brushes are perfect for the job, don't shed and wash well - what more could you ask for?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment