Sunday 12 August 2012

The Steam Room Facial

Source
Throughout my teenage years rubbish teen mags always boasted how wonderful steaming your face was, opening pores, ridding of spots, yada yada.  I find putting my face over a bowl of boiling water quite frustrating and boring, just sitting there at the dining table veiled with a towel, hunched over like Quasimodo.  But I do however, like health suites.  At your local leisure centre they're not too expensive, and my, a real steam room doesn't even compare to a bowl and a towel...

Over the past couple of months I've been visiting my local leisure centre for their health suite and a swim, and in conjunction with my skin care routine, it's added an extra oomph to the clarity of my skin - not to mention how wonderfully relaxing it is in the steam room and sauna, especially when lovely people bring along a few drops of eucalyptus oil ;).  Before I go I always cleanse my face with Liz Earle C&P and a flannel, and whilst in the sauna I'll often give myself a facial massage (check Caroline's instructions, they're very useful!).  I ensure that the steam room is always the last place I visit before getting changed (as open pores + dirty swimming pool water makes me feel sick!), then I rinse my face to make sure it's not sweaty.

Once I'm home I usually use Sanctuary Therapists Facial Oil; I put around 4 drops in my palm, rub it between my hands to warm it up and release the aromatic scents, then gently swipe it across my face and down my neck.  It I wasn't totally relaxed, I am after this bit!  I associate the herbal smells of the oils with relaxation and bedtime... ahhh. 

The oil is usually enough for my skin, so I don't need any other products before I get into bed.  And when I wake up my skin is clearer, plumper and any spots/scars have dramatically faded.  I love my weekly steam room facial!

Note: I can't promise your local leisure centre will look quite as swanky as the steam room photo I've provided!  And they probably won't provide massages either..

3 comments:

  1. I want to be in there right about now :)


    Mine at my gym isn't as swanky as that one :) Thanks for the tips though


    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave you a blog award xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you should try Aqua Sauna in Center parcs spa - amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete